Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Holidays!

Since most of you should know my leanings this holiday season...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
HYVÄÄ JOULUA!
FROHE WEINACHTEN!
圣诞快乐!(sheng dan kuai le)


I'm exhausted from making 3 different kinds of casseroles (lanttu/rutabaga, peruna/potato, ja/and porkkana/carrot), and liking rutabaga/"lanttu" casserole for the first time in my 20 years, baking a "lihapiirakka" (I guess you could call it a meat pasty, or a meat pie. But meat pies remind me of Sweeny Todd...), we made a "mystery pie" since we couldn't make Christmas tortes, so we added apples to the crust... baked rolls and Christmas cookies (I also made some for our dogs and for the dogs of our family friends)...ate so much food! Didn't get too much in the way of presents, not that I was expecting anything. I asked for a new coffee maker, which I got, and a new lens for my camera (a 50mm lens if you're wondering, supposedly good for portraits). I also got a $50 Visa gift card and a schnauzer puppy calendar from a family friend.

Seeing as my Christmas celebrations are done (we're Christmas Eve folks, as is tradition in Finland), I'll be wishing you all the best for this holiday season and for the coming new year!

1 comment:

Grotiana said...

hello there! how r u?please join my blog.thx b 4