Monday, February 2, 2009

Another week.

So I've been (trying to) go the gym every morning. It worked out pretty well last week, and I had planned to go this morning, but I realized that I had forgotten to do a small essay/study for a quiz for today. I pretty much decided to stay home and work on that stuff instead. TOMORROW, I plan on getting up at 6:30am, get to the gym by 7~7:15ish and go on the elliptical/bike for a half an hour or so, and get home. Luckily, I have class at 11am Tuesday-Thursday, though I have class at 9:55am MWF, so I don't have as much of a break between workouts and class then. I'm trying to lose weight, but not because of my body image...well, sort of. I'm just tired of it. I'm tired of trying to hide my flaws, and whine about it. I've also noticed some joints starting to act up. So to put less stress on myself and my joints, I'm going to watch what I eat, work out, take care of myself, etc. It's not that I hate how I look, but I'm just done with it. The Bible says that our bodies are "a temple" so I should take care of it, right? Right.

It seems like I'll be headed for China again for Spring Break. My dad, however, will be in Finland. My mom and I didn't want to go to Finland, seeing as it's crappy that time of year (all gray, muddy, and all around icky), so we decided to go to China by ourselves. There are still some things I haven't seen in the city my dad lives/I lived (like some ancient gardens) and my mom's never been to Shanghai, so we're going to just hang out around there. Now that my Chinese is decent, I can get around a bit easier. I'm kind of excited to go back, mainly because I miss the AMAZING FOOD!! *drools* Some people are nervous, but most Chinese things are cooked (the Japanese like raw things, and even that's not bad, I love it). As long as you have an open mind, you probably won't have a problem. Heck, I've eaten lamb barbecue on the side of the road at 2am, and it was freaking amazing. *sigh*

That's about it. The only reason why I'm writing is because I'm just trying to get out of reading 100 pages of International Business, heh. (I don't HAVE to read it, but I feel like I'm behind in the lectures) Oh yeah, I have to read a few pages in Soil Sciences (one of two Soil Sci departments in the country, I guess). oy.

Oh, and I've also decided that Hedgehogs are incredibly cute. Maybe I'll have one as a pet someday. :D

No comments: